Want to know more about escape rooms ? If so, you are in the right place! Here are some interesting and surprising facts about them!
Room escape games have been popular in the world for a long time. However, there are still people who don't know much about this amazing pastime. A group of people can participate inescape room games, but you can play even if you are alone.
The goal is to solve all puzzles and riddles to unlock the room before your time runs out. All rooms are themed, which means that behind each mystery there is always an interesting story. Escape games really deserve attention because they combine a time-limited adventure with a real test of your knowledge and logic. This is definitely something fun and interesting at the same time for anyone who wants a different kind of fun.
- Short history of escape rooms - The concept of escape rooms first appeared in Japan, then quickly became popular around the world. In the beginning, escape rooms were virtual, which meant that players solved puzzles online. Their appearance in real life turns out to be the next quite logical and successful step. * Challenges, problem solving, competitiveness * - all this helped the game to gain its popularity in the world.
- Escape rooms are not a new idea - did you know that escape rooms have been around for more than a decade? Yes. These rooms first started online. Games similar to Crimson Room - created by Toshimitsu Takagi - are the first to draw inspiration from the concept and make it a real game. Japan is the country that promotes the game in real life, and from there the concept simply spreads to the rest of the world.
- Team, collaboration and communication - these elements are probably the most important for finding a way to unlock the room. You will hardly ever win the title of winner, because winning always or almost always (if you play alone) is the result of teamwork.
It starts with gathering a team that has a minimum of two and a maximum of six people. Depending on the room, it can be more fun to play with more or fewer people. The main idea is to communicate and seek solutions to each other. If you win, celebrating together is more fun.
In addition, you don't have to play only with friends - you can also play with strangers. Both options have their advantages. Playing with friends and family is always enjoyable, as you will have a great time together.
On the other hand, playing with strangers is also fun because you will be given the opportunity not only to find new friends, but also to collaborate with players you have never met before. The skills used in the game can really be useful in life.
- Lots of themes, lots of fun - no pointless escape rooms. Each of them has its own theme and all the puzzles and riddles are created around this theme, as well as all the decorations, furniture and, of course, the atmosphere.
Here are the most common topics:
- Post-apocalypse and finding an anti-zombie vaccine
- Bank robbery and running away from cops
- Investigation into a crime and catching bandits in time
- Space adventures and saving the planet from catastrophes or attacks, etc.
Escape game designersare especially creative in inventing themes for the atmosphere in the rooms. The details are very important because they often hide the solution of the riddle right in front of your eyes. They offer more and more complex and sometimes incredibly complex tricks. So, you can definitely count on an amazing experience.
- It's not child's play: puzzles are difficult - this is one of the misconceptions about escape rooms. Never count on an easy victory. There are many teams that fail to even come close to unlocking the escape room.
You have to work very focused, try everything possible and never lose motivation. Sounds like a philosophy of life, doesn't it? Therefore, in general, this is not the most suitable atmosphere for children, who usually find it difficult to keep their attention on one thing long enough.
But, anyway, the game is useful for people of all ages, because everyone can benefit from developing their critical thinking.
- Room escape games are often used to build and build a team- Large companies often have new team events in an escape room. This helps them learn to work together. Competing with several teams that can unlock the door faster is an amazing way tobuild stronger team relationships with company employees. After the game they will have something to discuss and so they can find more effective ways to cooperate.
- The leader of the escape rooms:Europe - in Europe there are three times more escape rooms than in America or Asia. This fact definitely proves the popularity of this entertainment. However, not only locals enjoy this activity, but also tourists. Games often become major attractions.
Here are two interesting facts about escape rooms:
- By 2019, more than 8,000 escape rooms had been opened worldwide.
- There are at least two escape rooms in 44 countries around the world.
- Escape-inspired video games - Video games were created in the 70's. They allow players to use text-based control commands. When game makers figure out how to manipulate visual cues, this changes the gaming industry by introducing all kinds of adventure games.
The earliest video game, adopted this concept, dates back to 1988, was called "Closed Doors" and was created by John Wilson. The game quickly became a hit and soon other game makers came on products on similar topics.
Today, escape rooms require players to use physical clues in the room to complete their mission. They now belong to the genre of "experienced entertainment", in which players must have an "immersive" experience in a physical environment.
Escape rooms are a great source of entertainment in real life, designed for people looking for adventure and detachment from their daily lives. But there is a new category of people who strongly prefer rooms for strategic, tactical and critical thinking.
Whatever your case, escape rooms are sure to give you a very different, unforgettable pastime.